Terms & Conditions
Even though we have yet to have any sort of dispute and we pride ourselves on being very flexible and non-officious offering a small but very personal service, we thought it prudent to clarify the terms of our service.
1) Each car will be fully cleaned, polished and valeted prior to leaving our premises and travelling to the pick-up address. Though we will use any available spare time prior to departing for the church to clean-off the worse of the fresh dirt and flies, we can not guarantee that the car will be 100% perfectly clean if the distance travelled from our premises is great, the weather bad or the road mucky or wet.
2) It is the responsibility of the client to verify that the published details, dates, times and addresses are correct on the ‘Confirmation’ form.
3) The booking is accepted based on the times and itinerary stated.
4) Car/s and dates will only be reserved for 14 days from first contact unless the due deposit, per car, is paid.
5) Bookings are not ‘confirmed’ until the due deposit has been paid.
6) The deposit is non-refundable.
7) The full outstanding balance must be received at least 21 days prior to the hire date for payments by cheque, or 7 days for cash payments to guarantee availability on the day.
8) Cancellations must be made in writing no later than 21 days prior to the wedding.
9) The full outstanding balance is payable if a cancellation is received within 21 days of the hire date.
10) We never book all our cars out on any one given day. There is always a wedding car available in our fleet. In the unlikely event that we are unable to use the booked car for reasons beyond our control, an alternative car will be used. Any cost difference will be refunded.
11) In the unlikely event that the car ‘failed to proceed’ (broke-down) on the day, depending on timing etc. we would 1) Attempt to get another ‘Wedding’ car to the location as soon as possible or 2) In a real dire emergency we would offer the local cab firm a big incentive to get a car to us immediately and then offer you a refund if you felt unhappy about the situation or our efforts to resolve it. Note: The amount refunded would be 100% of the total fee minus our actual costs. Beyond this we will not be liable.
12) Every care is taken to maintain these elderly vehicles in first class condition, but in the unlikely event that the car booked is unable to complete the engagement owing to mechanical failure, accident or any other cause whatsoever, then whilst we will endeavour to provide a satisfactory alternative and/or return any prepaid deposits or hire charges, no liability will be accepted by us for any consequential loss.
13) Although we will endeavour to meet deadlines we accept no responsibility for any delays, however caused.
14) No responsibility will be accepted for restrictions relating to vehicle access at any location.
15) The client is responsible for the conduct of all passengers.
16) The driver may refuse to transport passengers or luggage if the vehicle is overloaded. The Chauffeurs will be dressed in white shirt & tie with a dark suit, Chauffeurs hat is optional. Although a number of our cars have large boots, we find it advisable to let friends or family transport your luggage and belongings to the venues, in the event you do use your chosen wedding car, it will be your responsibility for remembering these items.
17) In the event of inclement weather we hold no responsibility to any damage caused by this.
18) The driver may terminate the booking if the client or passengers cause excessive delays, are disorderly or, in the driver’s judgement, are unfit to travel.
19) Bookings are accepted only on the understanding that the hirer understands and accepts the above terms and conditions and payment of the deposit signifies such acceptance.